Muesli is a routine breakfast my husband loves. I never get why he likes them so much. It has no chilli in them 😉 I love anything with chillies. Anyways, coming back to my Museli, we used to buy the different flavors of Muesli from Kellogg’s or Bagrrys. One day, when I was watching Masterchef Australia (My most favorite TV show btw), I saw a contestant make Muesli. That gave me an idea, maybe this can be made at home. So, after browsing various websites and watching many videos, I finally realized, there is no set recipe for a Muesli. It’s basically putting together various cereals you like in one bowl.
2 Cups Quaker Oats
1/4 Cup Wheat Bran
Chopped Walnuts – as desired
Raisins – As desired
Dry Ginger Powder – a pinch
Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
- Toast the Oats and wheat bran in a non-stick pan briefly for 3-4 minutes. Allow it to cool. You can skip this step if using rolled oats.
2. Transfer it to a bowl.
3. Once cooled, add the chopped walnuts, raisins, dry ginger powder and vanilla extract.
4. Mix everything and store in an airtight container.
5. Serve with fresh fruits & milk or yogurt. Add sugar or honey for sweetness if desired.
- Many recipes called for rolled oats, but I couldn’t find them, so bought quaker’s oats and toasted it.
- You can use any Nuts you like.
- Add seeds like Sunflower seeds or Melon seeds for added nutrient quotient.
- You can also use any grain like rolled barley, rye, etc along with oats.
- Enhance the taste by adding dried fruits like cranberries, blueberries, mangos, etc.
Enjoy Your Bowl of Health