This is a simple sauce that would amazingly go with any grilled item. I served it with grilled paneer/cottage cheese.
Onions – 5-6 medium ones
Garlic – 2 cloves
Red chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
Barbecue sauce – 3 tbsp
Peri-peri sauce – 2 tsp
Vegetable stock – 3/4 cup
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Butter- 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
For the Vegetable Stock:
Carrot – 1
Beans – 4-5
Onion – 1
Garlic – 1 clove
Bay leaf – 1
Peppercorn – 1/2 tsp
Coriander stalk – few
Water – 1.5 cups
Salt to taste
I did the basic stock. Just chop all the veggies into big chunks and take all the ingredients in a bowl and boil and simmer until it’s reduced in half the quantity. Strain when done and use in any recipe. If you have a little more time, you can saute the ingredients in some butter before adding water. This gives an intensely flavored stock.
- Slice the onions thin and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan. Add the chopped garlic and chilli flakes.
- Add the onions and saute well.
- Keep frying until the onions are nice and brown.
- Add the barbecue sauce and the peri peri sauce and saute on high flame.
- Start adding the stock little by little.
- Cook until the sweetness of the onions is blended with the sauces and you get a jammy consistency that is sweet, hot and tangy at the same time.
Serve with your favorite Grill, Steak or on your favorite Burger.