I love the look of glazed carrots in food magazines. You see it and you wanna taste it. It gives an appearance of being complicated but it is quite simple to prepare. The most important element in this recipe is the carrots. Make sure they are really fresh. Baby carrots would be great, but if you are unable to get them like me, then choose thin and elongated ones. Right.. Lets dig into the recipe.
Carrots – 6 medium sized
Juice of 2 Oranges
Butter – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 1 clove
Dried Thyme – 2 tsp
Honey – 1 tbsp
- Wash the carrots well and peel them.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the garlic. Give a brief stir and add carrots.
- Add thyme and saute. You can use any herb and it would be even better if you can get them fresh.
- Let the carrots cook in the butter until they are golden.
- Now add the orange juice little by little as they dry up.
- You can now see the nice golden brown glaze in the carrots. Cook until they are completely done.
- Now season with salt and add the honey and coat well.
- Orange Honey-glazed Carrots are done.