Paneer or Cottage Cheese or Indian Cheese is everyone’s favorite in India. I haven’t seen even one person who says they don’t like it. It’s soft and subtle in its taste. We make a whole lot variety of curries with it. This time I wanted to make something different and here comes the Grilled Paneer.
Paneer – 250 gms
Peri-Peri sauce – 4-5 tbsp
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
- Cut the paneer into slabs like shown, abt 2-inch x 1.5-inch x 0.3 inch. If the paneer had been refrigerated, bring it closer to room temperature first.
- Poke a few holes in the paneer with a toothpick or a fork. Make sure not to break it.
- Coat the paneer with lemon juice, salt and peri-peri sauce and marinate for about 30 mins.
- Heat a grill pan, brush it with butter and bring it to smoking hot. Place the paneer and grill them.
- Turn side after about 20-30 seconds.
- Paneer doesn’t take any time to cook. So, just a few seconds on each side should do the job. Grilled Paneer is done. Serve with your favorite sauce. I served it with Caramelized onions in BBQ sauce.