I love soups. No matter what soup it is, clear or creamy, I can have bowl after bowl. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t take long to make but is tasty & healthy.
Tomatoes – 500 gms
Red Bell Pepper – 2 big ones
Onion – 1 big one
Garlic – 4 cloves
Bay leaf – 1
Clove – 1
Peppercorns – 2 tsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- De-seed the bell peppers and roughly chop them. Also, chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Heat butter in a pan or pressure cooker. I pressure cooked them to make it quicker. Once the butter heats up, add the bay leaf, clove and the garlic. Add the onions and saute until transparent.
- Add the bell peppers and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, peppercorns and salt.
- Add little water and pressure cook on low flame for about 20 minutes.
- Blend everything. I used a stick blender.
- Pass it through a sieve and strain the soup. Bring it to boil again and adjust the seasoning.
Delicious Tomato Soup is done. You can add some cream or bread croutons for added taste. I omitted them for the health quotient. Bell peppers give a good body to the soup. So, try to use them.