Before I start the post, let’s get one thing straight, I hate salads. Healthy is fine by me but they are just too healthy for my palate. Unfortunately, for me, my husband and my mum loves them. So, I try to make them from time to time. That being said, I don’t make a bad salad. In fact, this beet turned out quite good. Even, I had them 😉
Baby or tiny beetroots – a dozen
Rocket leaves – 2 handfuls
Balsamic vinegar – 2-3 tbsp
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Salt flakes and crushed pepper to taste
- Wash and trim the ends of the beets. Steam them in salted water with skin intact.
Steam the beetroots until they are soft and tender.
- Peel them and toss them in balsamic vinegar. Let them sit for about 20 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and toss and leave for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, arrange the rocket leaves, top it with quartered beetroots. Pour the residual juice from the beetroot on top. Sprinkle salt flakes and crushed pepper and serve immediately.
- Add crumbled feta for an added taste and texture.