I love roasted veggies, be it cauliflower or carrots or potatoes or zucchini. The soft tender vegetables with the burnt roasted bits here and there, healthy snacking cannot get any better than that. This roast cauliflower is one such recipe that you can have as such or with a yogurt dip or even your favorite rice. I served it with peas rice.
Cauliflower – 1 medium sized
Dried thyme – 1 tsp
Paprika – 1 tsp
Crushed garlic cloves – 3
Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Break the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. I keep them immersed in water to which salt and turmeric powder is added to remove any small worms in them.
- Add all the other ingredients to the cauliflower and let it marinate for at least 15 mins.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or baking paper and spread the marinated cauliflower along with the residues of the marinade. Make sure the cauliflower is spread out and is not crowded. Bake in a preheated oven at about 175°C for about 20-25 mins until the cauliflower is tender. Remember to turn them once in between.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip.
- I used thyme since I like its flavor on roasted veggies. But any herb can be used in its place.
- If you see the cauliflower drying out while roasting drizzle some olive oil and continue roasting.
- You can add grated parmesan during the final 5 mins of baking for a creamy and richer cauliflower.