For a change, I am going to skip all the intro about this curry and head straight to the recipe. I would say one thing though, this is the simplest one pot recipe I have tried so far.
Bottle Gourd – 1.5 cups
Onion – 1 big
Tomato – 1 big
Finely chopped ginger – 2 tsp
Green Chilli – 1
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water as required
- Finely chop the onion and tomato. Slit the green chilli. Peel and cube the bottle gourd into bite-size pieces. I normally remove the fleshy part in the middle.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilli and chopped ginger. Then add the onions.
- Once the onions are transparent, add the bottle gourd and saute it for about 2-3 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they are soft.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix, add just enough water and pressure cook on low flame for about 8-10 mins.
- And the super simple super tasty Bottle Gourd curry is done. Serve it with rotis or white rice.